- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Extra chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a food processor, blending until completely smooth. Really blend well. I have tried a blender and a vitamix and while both work OK, the food processor just provides a better texture.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
If they still look a bit undercooked, place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up!