- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 1 15-oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-oz can of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-oz can of cannellini (white kidney) beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (I often forget this, so I make this optional)
- Heat oil in a 5-quart pan and saute diced onions until transparent and soft. We like ours to be a little browned. If I have more time, then I will caramelize the onions, but, after ao,this is a QUICK meal.
- Add tomatoes, all three beans (making sure they have been drained and thoroughly rinsed), and spices. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once it boils, I reduce the heat to low, just keeping the chili at a simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Don’t forget to freeze any leftovers for an even quicker meal the next time!