I’ve been on a sweet kick, lately, and have been experimenting with flavors. I love cinnamon in my hot chocolate, and I love almonds….so….. why not combine them into a candy?
And since we are midway through December, Christmas Candy it is!
Vegan chocolate chips…cinnamon…coconut oil…unsalted almonds… loaf pan….parchment paper…that’s all you need.
- 9 oz of vegan chocolate chips ( I use EnjoyLife as they are dairy free, soy free, gluten-free,and only contain chocolate and cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsalted almonds
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper, trying to carefully fold it to create sides that are as even as possible. If not, you can just trim any evenness off later, but line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan,over low, melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil, stirring frequently.
- Once melted and thoroughly blended, remove the mixture from heat and stir in the cinnamon and the almonds.
- Pour to mixture into the lined loaf pan. This may only come up about an inch,but that is fine. If you have a small narrow rectangular pan, you could use this instead. We are basically taking about a mold.
- Let the mixture cool down at room temperature. Once it has hardened, cut it, and serve.
If you can keep from eating it all, this candy would make a great gift…..
(I wonder how adding a bit of heat to this candy would work…I am thinking about chili powder. I may try this in another version.)