My father was the candy maker of the family. Fudge… pecan divinity…..other made cakes and icings from scratch, but my father made the candy. He was the one to introduce me to the candy thermometer and the “soft ball” stage.
Eventually I mastered using a candy thermometer and cooking my chocolate just the correct amount but my fudge was often at risk of staying soupy. Other people made fudge, so I was content to make cookies and cakes and leave the fudge to them.
This fudge recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and 2 hours to set up in the refrigerator before cutting. This makes a great gift!
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 8 oz an of coconut cream (not milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, slowly melt the vegan chocolate chips, coconut cream, and salt.
- Stir together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Pour into an 8 x 8″ square pan lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for two hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper, and cut into squares. Store covered in fridge.