We like breakfast on the weekends where we can lounge around, take our tie, and indulge.
While Overnight Oats are great during the week, sometimes we want something a little different, a little more decadent.
We decided to be decadent and try a waffle recipe. Actually, we were in WalMart looking for another 3 quart saucepan for cooking rice and found a waffle maker for less than $20, so we bought it and then I started looking for recipes. We took a recipe and tweaked it – our first healthy yet decadent breakfast.
These are absolutely wonderful!
Vegan Chocolate Waffles
Dry ingredients Wet ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 3/4 cup almond milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1. Preheat the waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Sift together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients individually. Mix together until well combined.
4. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and cook waffles as instructed in your waffle iron manual. With our waffle iron, we cooked them for 6 minutes.
5. Serve with your choice of topping: powdered sugar, maple syrup, sliced fruit…..
Makes 8 waffles in our waffle iron.
Can you imagine anything better than chocolate for breakfast? AND we had enough to freeze! We will definitely fix these again and even share some with house guests.